South Texas Governmental Defense Attorneys
The representation of governmental entities requires a special awareness and understanding of the statutes and the case law which govern these type of claims. Recognized as a regional leader in governmental liability and civil rights law, Palacios, Garza & Thompson, P.C. handles a large portion of governmental litigation in South Texas-defending high risk litigation brought against both insured and self-insured governmental entities.
Our firm represents cities, counties, and other political subdivisions in matters which include:
- Claims of excessive force, illegal detention, false arrest and other constitutional matters
- High speed pursuits and motor vehicle accidents
- Claims involving alleged dangerous conditions on public property and personal injuries
- Individual claims against public officials
- Claims involving the failure to provide medical care in jails and prisons
- Recreational liability regarding parks, playgrounds and swimming pools
- Claims against paramedics/firefighters and other emergency medical personnel
- Claims involving provisions of water and sewer and other services
- Zoning disputes
- Competitive bidding disputes
- Fair Housing claims
- Discrimination claims against governmental entitities under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family & Medical Leave Act and other claims arising out of the employment relationship both in court and at the EEOC or OCRC administrative level
- Construction and public contract disputes
- Pension and disability disputes
- Real estate litigation
Contact Palacios, Garza & Thompson, P.C.
For more information about the firm’s governmental defense services, contact Palacios, Garza & Thompson, P.C. at (956) 318-0507 at our South Texas based office.